Expanded Edition Now Available: Strengthen the Soul of your Team!

The expanded edition of the best selling InterVarsity Press book, Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership, includes guidance for reflecting together on the soul of your leadership. This Transforming Resource also includes the popular “How Is It with Your Soul?” assessment for leaders and a new compelling forward by Gary Haugen, International Justice Mission.

Order before May 31st and receive these book launch bonuses:

• Spiritual Formation Primer (PDF). Guide your team in establishing a baseline understanding of spiritual transformation using this resource written by Ruth Haley Barton.
  • Access to an electronic version of the “How Is It With Your Soul” leadership assessment. Discover insight on the state of your soul.
  • $50 Coupon Code: Use to code to waive the application fee when you apply to join a Transforming Community® before Dec 31. Strengthen the soul of your leadership in community with other leaders and influencers.

Each order will come with a flyer on how to access launch bonuses.

Order signed copies

Order from Amazon or even your local bookstore and still receive free bonuses. Learn more.

Join us for a special season of the Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership Podcast

To mark the 10-year anniversary of Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership, our 4th season of the podcast will delve deeper into important themes addressed in the book, including personal stories from Ruth’s life in leadership. Join Ruth Haley Barton and Steve Weins for Season 4: Finding God in the Crucible of Ministry — a new episode every week starting on April 4.

Transforming Center

desires to see churches and Christian organizations become communities of authentic spiritual transformation – and that begins with transforming leaders. We seek to strengthen the souls of pastors and leaders, equipping them to guide their churches and organizations to become spiritually transforming communities that discern and do the will of God in their settings. Read more about the Transforming Center.

1. Oladipo Shoyoola on July 19, 2018 at 10:09 pm

If I buy today can I still receive the bonuses

2. shell Cowper-Smith on April 4, 2018 at 1:57 pm

hello – can we get the bonus if we order the kindle version?

3. Les Clarke on April 4, 2018 at 8:35 am

Is this expanded edition available at Amazon Canada?
    I am only seeing the 2008 book listed.

• Jeffery James on April 4, 2018 at 3:08 pm

It should be, but I am checking with the publisher. IVP does have an electronic version compatible with Kindles on their site.

• Ailisha O'Sullivan on April 13, 2018 at 1:01 pm

The US Amazon site seems to be offering only the 2008 Kindle version. If there’s a link to the updated version, could you please post it?

• Jeffery James on April 14, 2018 at 9:41 am

I have asked the publisher about it. I was told it was corrected. I will ask again

• Ailisha O'Sullivan on April 14, 2018 at 8:31 am

It’s the same when I look for it at Amazon US. I get directed to what looks like the Kindle version for the 2008 edition.

• Ailisha O'Sullivan on April 26, 2018 at 1:28 am

Sorry to keep hassling you about this, but the US Amazon site still directs me to a cover of what looks like the earlier edition of the book when I click on the option for Kindle. And IVP’s Kindle compatible option is $10.00 more than what Amazon is asking. Can you verify if the Kindle version available on US Amazon is, in fact, the new edition? Thanks.

• Jeffery James on April 26, 2018 at 9:01 am

Thanks. Sorry for the hassle. We are not involved in the book publishing as InterVarsity is the publisher. I did pass it along to them and they told me it should be correct. I am not sure what to tell you. You could contact Amazon or try InterVarsity directly.

• Ailisha O'Sullivan on April 26, 2018 at 11:25 am

Thanks, that’s a good suggestion. I’ll try contacting Amazon and see if they can clarify which edition they are offering.

• Jeffery James on April 26, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Great. I am glad it helped. I wish I could waive a magic wand for you 🙂

4. Pam H. on April 3, 2018 at 8:53 am

Where do you sign up for the Podcast? Is it live or will it be posed every week on the website?

• Jeffery James on April 3, 2018 at 9:19 am

You can subscribe in iTunes, Podbean or Google Play. It will also be posted on our website each Wednesday.