A Reunion Retreat for Transforming Community® alumni
The Transforming Center is pleased to announce our first reunion retreat on May 1-3, 2011 for those who have been through our two-year Transforming Community® experience.
FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS
With guest presenter Dr. M. Robert Mulholland, Jr.
Spiritual transformation is the process by which Christ is formed in us for the glory of God, for the abundance of our own lives, and for the sake of others. In this first-ever alumni Reunion Retreat, those of us who have completed the Transforming Community® experience will “reunite” to take the next step on our journey of transformation by exploring how spiritual transformation motivates us to discern godly action in the world.
Dr. M. Robert Mulholland, Jr., esteemed author and New Testament theologian, will be our guest presenter on Monday morning, offering his most recent theological and practical reflections on spirituality “for the sake of others” from the standpoint of cruciform love. In his first session he will reflect on cruciform love as the very essence of God’s nature–looking at the cross not as something God “did” but as the deepest revelation of the very essence of God’s being. In his second session he will reflect on the ministry of cruciform love–Christian life and ministry in and for the world as the image of the cruciform God.
Following that, we will explore the ways in which our spiritual transformation motivates us to engage the world around issues of evangelism, justice, the poor, diversity and racial reconciliation, and community involvement. And how we continue to be transformed in the process!
As always, this retreat will offer teaching and guided experiences, fixed hour prayer, extended time in solitude, opportunities to reconnect with friends and colleagues from YOUR Transforming Community, and alumni sharing about how our spiritual transformation has been “for the sake of others.”
- Ruth Haley Barton– teacher, spiritual director, and retreat leader
- Rory Noland– worship leader
- Dr. M. Robert Mulholland Jr.– guest presenter and author of Invitation to a Journey, Shaped by the Word and The Deeper Journey, required texts in each Transforming Community
- …and the Transforming Center Team
- Dates: May 1, 5:00 pm registration followed by dinner – May 3, 4:00 pm
- Location: Chicago area, Marytown and Cardinal Stritch Retreat Centers
- Cost: $525 (all-inclusive, private room/bath) Spouse rate $495
- Schedule: Click to download retreat schedule
Register early as space is limited and we expect this retreat to reach capacity very soon.